Thread: 2 weeks notice
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM   #13
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

It doesn't always happen that way Rexmons! I was given 2 weeks notice on my last job so I could wrap everything up for them and finish out my projects because quite frankly, no one else could do it. I moved on and wrapped everything up in one week. I left on good terms but I wasn't working for corporate either. No matter how bad it gets I won't work for corporate ever again.

Contrasted with:
An employee today that I liked very much, that has been here for 17 years, was fired with no notice and was told not only to not come back, but getting paid for the work done already during this pay period is tenuous. The owner won't deal with it because he has personal problems right now (mentally disassociating). The accountant decided to abruptly quit paying this person today. So no job.

I am so pissed right now about this. This was completely mishandled by a person who doesn't run my teams but likes to call the shots, irresponsible idiot. No one wants this employee's low paying fu**** job either. I don't have anyone to replace her. Certainly no one with 17 years experience and completely reliable. I'm dealing with this recent debacle right now...

17 years and one day...we aren't paying you anymore. It reminds me of the guy in "office space" that they put in the basement....oh we quit paying you a while back, sorry. That's not how I do things. Lots of changes tomorrow. Oh yea...You were fired sometime last week.

Not one virtuous bone.....