View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

I think there some common sense in ther (which has nothing to do with simplifying your life -e.g. "have toy bins for kids to put their toys in. Well who doesn't do this? simplifying your life is not trying to sort the toys into different bins.)

And this:

Quote:
Simple clothing. It’s best to buy clothes for your kids that will match easily — choose a similar color scheme, so that you’re not always digging through their clothes to find stuff that matches. Go through their clothes every few months to get rid of stuff that doesn’t fit (kids grow so fast!)
NO! Simplify your life by having them choose their own clothes and not caring if they match or not.

This way you avoid the rummaging the matching and the shouting that ensues when they don't want to wear what you've picked out or you hate what they've picked out. Don't buy clothes that need ironing or have lots of buttons until the kids can deal with those issues themselves. And don't waste time going through their closets (how does this "simplify"? -it's another thing to do) -they'll tell you when stuff is too small. Or make a note of it when you see it and pull it when it gets to the laundry.

etc.

grrr
why did this make me so verbose?

simplify your life by not wasting time writing articles like this.

Simplification is more about attitude than actions.