View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Cloud

Okay, I'm going to respond. There's nothing wrong with sex just for sex, if it fits within your personal comfort zone, as long as you don't read more into it than that.

When I was 40, I thought I'd never have sex again in my life. Then, at 41, I lost 90 pounds. My libido was "waking up," as you say. I swore I was going to have sex again before the end of the year--and I did. I made my goal of double digits (did I mention I was shallow?--me and 'spode, wading in those waters, yeah!). I had fun.

Ultimately, of course, I didn't have that much fun--I never have found a partner that is my match (plus, I eventually over the course of several years, gained most of the weight back). But I was satisfied at the time. (ha!).

As far as the craiglist, "stranger" part--I have met people online this way, and at bars. There are advantages to each method--if online, you can exchange emails, and phone calls if you want, to see if you like the personality, but you miss the physical aspect. In a bar (or someplace else where you meet the person in the flesh) you get to access your chemistry, but not so much the personality.

So, it's fun for a while, but be careful! be safe!