View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 PM   #92
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
I hire my share of people. I've hired a hundred or so over the years. But there are thousands if not millions of other people like me who don't want to hire someone with tattoos on their face, or names like "Moonbeam" etc.

The bottom line is if you name your kid Rainbow and they get the shit beaten out of them, or they get picked on, or they hate you, or they have a hard time finding a job... it's YOUR FAULT.

Unlike the Chinese, I didn't name my child by dropping a drawer full of silverware down the stairs.... PING .... ZHAO... SUM... TING.... WONG

But there are thousands if not millions of other people like me who don't want to hire someone with tattoos on their face, or names like "Moonbeam" etc.

Neither is oranjello, lemonjello, Shaqueefa, Shaquanda, Monifa, Sharhonda, Ebony, Lexus, Mercedes, Alize, etc.

I don't care what someone's racial origin, religion, gender, age, etc. happens to be as long as they can communicate effectively and work well with others.

If they've got an oddball name, I read no further. If someone's name is Claud Balls, I laugh and toss the resume in the garbage and I judge the other candidates based on their level of skill, education, and experience.

I'm neither racist, nor sexist. Discrimination based on names I find stupid is neither of these. On the contrary, I support meritocracy in all areas. I want TRUE equality for women.

I will tell you this, if your name was actually "monster", you wouldn't get hired.

I'd interview the one who has the most experience....unless that person was named Moonbeam.
Very telling indeed - - - From one who supports the "there are no illegal immigrants position," yet you still wouldn't hire a Chiquita, Bonita, Filiberto, Esmeralda, Placenta or Quique....

....LOFL - - - you are priceless dude - effin' priceless!

Last edited by classicman; 05-07-2008 at 03:05 PM.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote