View Single Post
Old 10-15-2001, 08:07 AM   #28
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by Whit

What the terrorists did was jump the biggest dog in the pack. (Of countries that tend to dispense aid) Make no mistake they'd love to nail EVERY UN/NATO allied country.
Ya know, ever since George Bush floated that dumb "make no mistake" saying, everyone is using it! What is with this saying? I keep imagining millions of people running around this country with serious looks on their faces citing, "make no mistake! make no mistake!". Does everyone love our president now or what?
<br>
<br>
Quote:

On a side note, Juju drives slower than my Grandma. I live about eighty miles from the nuke plant in Russelville, and he lives less than seventy miles from me tops.
Actually, I don't think i've ever driven there.. i just woke Kathy up and asked her how far it was. :] But she was half-asleep so I guess I should've expected the number to be a little off.
<br><br>
And I don't drive slow. Just....cautiously. <g>
<br><br>

Quote:
It's an impressive structure that I enjoy seeing from the highway when I drive through that area. It's amazing that mankind can make something like that and still kill each other in droves. You'd think we'd be over that by now...
<br>
<br>
60 Minutes did a pretty cool show last night on nuclear power plants and how government is trying to terrorist-proof them. It actually said that the reactor walls were 6 feet thick. There was a video clip of a fighter-plane on some sort of track slamming into the side of one of those walls, and completely disintigrating on impact. Apparently it didn't even get 1 inch into the wall.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote