Thread: Cellar GTG
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #11
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

I got your e-mail. I plan to be there around 4:30. I'm bringing at least one guest but have asked a few others. I'll bring the grill and some cakes. I've also got an 18 foot string of large white (almost night light size) bulbs that I was using as summer lights on my deck. I'm planning to upgrade so I pulled them down. If there is a pole or some trees we can string them on or to there I will bring them with me. I don't want them back so I can leave them there when I leave if you want them.

I will bring a 20-lb propane tank and the small grill. Theres not a lot of grilling surface but this might take some of the load off of your charcoal grill.

I'm looking forward to the driveway you described, especially since I traded in my Chevy Blazer for a fuel efficient low-ground-clearance Ford Focus. I might decide to use my wife's minivan, especially if I get more members for my 'posse'.

If anyone wants to bring their own hamburgers and hot dogs (no 'meat' dogs) or chicken parts, the grill will be available. I personally am considering marinating drumsticks in various hot sauces I picked up along the way. I have to be careful, since the incident with the '%100 Pain' sauce at last years BBQ comes to mind.

I may be bringing a tub, ice, and soda cans.

This is the kick-off to my vacation week, so I'm considering the Hawaiian shirt-shorts-Panama hat look. The part about deer ticks is a little troubling, so I might have to change that.

Rolls, snacks, condoms...er...condiments, bug spray, lawn chairs-music CD's-Boom Box, paper plates, napkins, plastic forks, spoons, knives, cups, etc. George Carlin did a great monologue about people and their 'stuff'. He was right and I am bringing as much stuff as I can.

I will be bringing a camera unless someone objects. I always ask permission/give warning before I shoot, but I'm guessing the Cellar picture gallery should be pretty interesting on the Monday after.

Thanks again for the invitation. I'm looking forward to it.

BTW, my CD collection includes a significant selection of bagpipe music. I am aware that some people have a problem with that . Well, that.

Lets Party.

BTW, how many people at the Cellar have you e-mailed directions to?
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote