View Single Post
Old 10-16-2001, 05:35 PM   #40
Whit
Umm ... yeah.

Heh, you tell 'em MaggieL!

Leif you continue to talk about both the plight of the kids and new energy resources. When and if we FINALLY move on to something better those kids are screwed. Oil is the major export of the region by far, what income will they have when we don't buy anymore?

Personaly the need for alternative (read as BETTER) energy sources has been a pet peeve of mine for a while. Not only does George have alot of cash in oil, so did Gore. I agree completely that the reason we haven't moved on is political. I've actually agreed with several things you've said but you haven't seemed to notice. I might even suggest you do some background and find out who the Isreali's say was behind it, I htink you'd find it interesting.

Anyway, let me explain why I said, "That's life." The U.S. is a nation, it's primary funtion is the welfare of it's own citizens. We are not responsible for improving their lives. Most of the world feels we should do more to help them but we haven't dealt with alot of problems at home. If they don't like the way we've acted, then fine. Let them use diplomatic means. If that doesn't work then they're just SOL. We don't like alot of things China does, but last time I checked we didn't hijack planes and fly into their buildings. We cope.

I also agree that the bombing has been heavy handed and clumsy. Yes lot's of innocent's have died. No question we need to do better. I however don't forget the fact that I don't have a better idea. Do you?