View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #403
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Everything irritated me today.
I went to a local business park on the bus after verifying that the company I was visiting provided the service I needed and was open. When I got there the only man who could provide the specific service had just left. I left too, politely, but fuming until my hair started to lift from my head and crinkle.

Then I walked back to work past two - TWO - nearer businesses that provided the same service. That was my own stupidity, but no less irritating.

Then everyone at work wanted a piece of me, just as I was settling down to do something quite complex which required full concentration. They never bug me when I'm franking the post or booking tickets online, nooooooooo. Leave it til Friday when I am cross checking info between two different paper files (my predecessor loved teh paper) a spreadsheet and various word documents why doncha? And of course it was all urgent because it was Friday afternoon, when I know most of it could have either waited til Tuesday or was only urgent because they'd hung onto it.

And my wisdom tooth is making another bid for freedom and is hurting my gum, which makes me tetchy.

And it's Friday and I was working after work so no chill out & relax for Cherry and I was shanghai'd into coming into work at 09.00 tomorrow (today!) to open up for an artist who has no keys because of course I live the closest. So no lie-in for me & Diz. Well - for me - he'll wake me up at some time between 05.00 and 06.00 crying because he's sleeping alone and wants to come under the covers with me rather than be in his heated cat bed.

AnyWAY.

The pub was superb tonight. Worked an extra hour, got an extra £10. Happy with my lot so it all worked out okay. Still a bugger about tomorrow, but I might just go back to bed & read once the artist has gone. Need to be fresh for Eurovision.

Thank you for listening.