View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #1691
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Oh lovely, lovely!
All so very beautiful.
They were worth the wait.

I'm happy because I got a call from the cat rescue place I contacted before the weekend. They are sending someone local to interview me and check out the house on Thursday at 13.00 - I'm taking a lunchbreak for once! I've already passed the phone interview, just the face to face and the chat to decide which, if any, cat they currently have would best suit me/ my position/ the Diz cat.

The downsides are
1) I have to blitz the place tomorrow! Going to see Derren Brown Weds night (another thing that's making me happy!) so tomorrow is the only time to do it
2) I can't afford to adopt til next payday - approx 3 weeks time. They charge a rehoming fee of £50 to cover their costs - they're a registered charity and non-profit making with a no-kill policy, so have to support some cats for life. Also there are things I have to buy - a cat pen for slow introduction, Feliway, a new litter tray etc.

I'm not replacing Dyl. I couldn't - I adored him. I still hope he walks through the catflap.

But I have to think of Diz, who currently has cat-depression. Diagnosed by me, as all he does it cry, eat, sleep. He doesn't play, go out, frisk about, climb on things, try to get in my shopping bag, follow me to work, bat my tweezers off the night table, want to go out of the skylight etc etc etc.

I'm happy to be moving on. And excited about a new cat addition. One cat is at least one too few imo.