View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #109
flaja
High Propagandist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I am not about to defend all of the enemy combatants captured and sent to Gitmo.
Without a trial with legal due process rights, how do you know which, if any, of the people held at Gitmo are enemy combatants?

Quote:
The way I understand it is there is only a handfull that should and will stand trial under US law, even if it is by Military Tribunal.
You say that non-citizens have no legal due process rights in America, so why bother to give anyone at Gitmo a trial? Why not simply authorize you to go down there and bash all of their heads in because they are not U.S. citizens?

Quote:
Enemy Combatants are not entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness any more than a serial killer in the US or anyone else who is accused of a crime is entitled to such rights.
You’d make a good Nazi since you would willfully deprive anyone who is merely accused of a crime (and I would presume by your statement that you include citizens and non-citizens alike) of their due process rights just because they have been accused.
flaja is offline   Reply With Quote