View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #748
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Not a Cellar dream, but last night (this morning) I dreamed I was in New York with my ex. I really was - I mean we went there in real life about 10 years ago.

In this dream there was a tourist train that ran around Manhatten. But it was kinda like an ride - It's a Small World or whatever it's called. It ran through the real city, but there were created vistas and scenarios. We'd been recommended to go on it by so many people, and they all said, "They look after you SO well!" X suggested it, and as we were walking up the stairs to the ticket office I realised I loved him so much I'd simply follow him anywhere. This was the emotional hangover I woke up with. Totally untrue and any affection I have for him, he sandblasted away by his behaviour years ago, but that's dreams for you. Damn my brain, it was such a painful way to wake up, utterly in love and happy and then realising this was a dream fabrication.

Anyway, in the dream we paid 5p to get on board the train (I questioned in the dream why it was in sterling...) and they were double decker trains with tiny compartments and an attendant in each who gave you a food and drinks menu. Oooh! This was going to be lovely! But X wasn't happy with the part of the train we were in, and went sprinting off to see what other carriages were free. And then crossed the tracks just as the train started to check out another train altogether.

I was bereft - it was too dangerous for me to follow. And how could I be angry with him for deserting me and putting himself in danger? I loved him so much I had to be supportive.

He was being monitored as we travelled, they thought he was a terrorist scoping out the train (Ninja fancy dress story mixed with part of The Talisman by King & Stroud).

I can't even claim it was a cheesedream.