View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

June 25, 2008
The Cowboys filled their roster to capacity this week, signing offensive tackle Ryan Gibbons, who had been with Jacksonville for the last two seasons. Gibbons (6-7, 330) was recently cut by the Jags. He has spent the majority of his time on the practice squad and did play a season in NFL Europa, winning a World Bowl with Hamburg. Gibbons will likely compete for a backup spot, along with Doug Free and Pat McQuistan, and newly-signed veteran Cory Lekkerkerker. June 19, 2008
After being inactive for all 16 games last year as a rookie, James Marten has received some practice at guard. Drafted in the third-round last year as a tackle from Boston College, Marten fell behind Pat McQuistan and Doug Free as the backups to Flozell Adams and Marc Colombo. There might be more opportunities for Marten to play at guard, where Cory Procter and Joe Berger are the primary backups. May 14, 2008
The Cowboys added some depth to the offensive line on Wednesday, signing offensive tackle Cory Lekkerkerker and guard Adam Stenavich. Lekkerkerker has played in 26 games the past two years, with the Chargers and Dolphins. Stenavich was on the Packers practice squad in 2006 but out of football last year. He originally joined the Panthers after the draft in 2006, but eventually went to Green Bay after being cut by Carolina. Stenavich played in the final season of NFL Europa, spending the 2007 summer with the Amsterdam Admirals. April 23, 2008
Cowboys center Cory Procter signed his one-year exclusive rights tender on Wednesday, worth $520,000 for the 2008 season. Proctor, a three-year veteran, came to the Cowboys as a guard, both received considerable action at center this past season when he started the final two games for an injured Andre Gurode. Procter played in all 16 games, mostly on special teams. Procter is expected to enter this season as Gurode's backup but he can also provide some backup help at the guard position as well.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote