Thread: Cellar Dreamin'
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #75
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I had my usual Saturday lie-in. It gives me peculiar dreams because I drift in and out of sleep.

This morning my dreams were many layered as usual. I'll try to extract the Cellar parts without making them any more incoherent than they actually were.

I was shopping for a present for Bruce. I was in a shop that sold small and interesting things of the kind I adore I and I thought Bruce would too. However once I was there with money in my pocket and ready to buy I realised it was all knick-knacks and gee-gaws and just plain tat. The few things that still looked interesting were really expensive and too heavy to ship.

I found a couple of things I liked in the end and went to the counter, where they remembered me from when I shopped there regularly. They brought out a special edition bowl from under the counter that they thought I might like - it was a funny shape and designed so it was perfect for either tea (drinking out of) toast or cereal. That seemed like such a cool concept that I bought three - one for Bruce, one for me and one for a future present for someone.

Later in the dream I was at Jinx & LJ's. They had a huge tract of land and a huge extended family to match. They were putting on a show and persuaded me to be in it. It was a really hot and sunny day and I felt really drowsy and half blinded by the sun. There were thousands of people there, set in a natural amphitheatre and we were on a tiny rickety half rotting stage. People were actually camping out and having BBQs and picnics and stuff. The show certainly didn't live up to this level of attendance. It was obviously made up on the spot and the acts petered out like those children put on for their friends with no preparation. I was with two other women dressed in black and white and we just did a made up rather stupid dance.

Afterwards (and after some dream shifts) I was walking and talking to LJ. It was still really hot but it was evening and the feel was even more drowsy. We were talking about the previous year (maybe two years before) when I spent most of the summer in his company. I remembered that we used to go for long walks in the long grass and he would lie on top of me and we'd dry hump. We pretended it had been quite innocent but in my dream I knew both of us had snuck away every second we could spare to just lay close and talk and touch eachother without taking our clothes off pretending it meant it was okay.

I remembered that summer I was so horny I could barely walk down the street without having to grind against something, and that I'd supposedly been having a relationship with Bruce at that time.

There was something else about peaches - waiting for them to fall in Ireland. Can't remember that bit.

I brought up the subject of LJ's wife and he was puzzled for a second because I used her real name (can't remember what it was in the dream - not the real one anyway). Then he said something like, "Oh you always called her Jinx in those days!" and I thought, "Yes, that was to stop me feeling guilty!"

The dream went on, away from the Cellar (mixing in America's Next Top Model and Big Brother as it happens).

I know what the dream was really about emotionally, and Cellar characters were standing in for other people to an extent. The drowsy feeling of the land and the grass and the orchard were very potent though. I slept til 11.00!
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote