View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #9
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Winkle View Post
Do you have access to a command line SQL client for the Oracle server? Does access have any sort of command line SQL client?

If so you should be able to dump the data from Access, massage as necessary, and put it in the Oracle database. That's the sort of approach I've used to move databases between MySQL and Postgres anyway.
I have read-only access to the Oracle... and frankly I don't know enough to try messing with it if I could write. (Besides, the actual database that we paid for has things like audit trails that I wouldn't want to circumvent.) Still, not a bad idea, but I'm not sure about the differences between the OLE in Access and the BLOB in Oracle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar512 View Post
I haven't used it, but this looks like it might work.

http://www.sobolsoft.com/accessimage/
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot serpent View Post
here's a little exe that should do the trick
DING DING DING DING!!! Thank you barefoot serpent, that did the trick. Dar, the one you found is the one I found last night, and it didn't work (file type error). The guy who wrote it asked for some sample data to see what was going on, but I haven't heard back from him.

What amazes with me, is that will all the googling & research I did, I didn't find the second one at all, and I only found the first one after I started adding mysql to my googling in hopes of finding somebody else working on some kind of transition or interface.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote