View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #75
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Back then, as now, I was a more intelligent, and better person than you and my campaign was very successful. It's cute when someone who has lost every argument with me has the temerity to call me a loser.

In America, we have a little thing called the Constitution and our constitution was created to restrict the powers of our government. It grants government certain powers and those include ROADS. I have no problem paying for services that I use. American taxes are paid for with gasoline taxes. I think a better way to do it would be to make the roads private and to pay tolls. And we should allow any private person to create toll roads if they buy the land and build them.

As far as parks, public restrooms, etc., I'd be for having privately owned parks run by nature conservancies. I'd pay a fee to use the park as long as it had clean restrooms that don't stink...which very few parks in America have.
Just a couple of things.

Firstly, so were you a winner or a loser when you ran? You didn't answer the question.

Secondly, with respect to your last couple of paragraphs; let's just use the question of roads for the sake of argument. If you don't pay taxes, who is going to provide the roads for you to drive on? I'm really interested to know what your solution would be (aside from putting tolls on all roads because this is simply not feasible and I don't have the time or energy to bother putting type the reasons why your suggestion is totally ludicrous).