View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 PM   #2281
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I'll admit it, kids and people do get hurt by untrained/unsafe dogs allowed to wander, but I don't think a dog that would unprovoked attack a person should be allowed to live. Cats don't have anymore right to wander than dogs though I don't believe. Don't fool yourself into thinking a cat is less dangerous because of its size, the injuries I got from being attacked by a 10lb cat were a lot more extensive than when I got bit by an 80lb dog. The dog stopped when it was yelled at, hasn't done it again (he mistook me for danger because I was on a bike in his territory), the cat wouldn't quit and couldn't be caught. I say keep your cats inside if they seem happy with it. If you're comfortable with letting it wander around, do so, but don't get pissed at my dog if he catches it. I'm not trying to be a bitch, if I'm around I'll save your cat, but I'll assume its a stray to the pound it will go. If you do the same to my dog, well fair play I guess.