View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #122
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
something doesn;t jive here. you won;t gamble because you're afraid of losing the bet, right? you imply that you believe in god just in case it turns out to be true. Enough to use it as an argument, at least.

but is it faith in spite of the fact that you MUST have it? If you have to have faith, and have to believe to get in, how do you know you haven;t just done a good job of tricking yourself into believing that you truly believe. How many "christians" are just going through the motions "just in case?" they go to church, they follow the rules, but maybe they doubt it a little.....maybe they think ther might be some truth to another religion, too. Is it enough to SAY you believe?

I feel as strongly as any bible thumper does about my beliefs, yet, as I said, there is a small kernel of doubt. always. maybe the millions of christians are right, and this sucks, but this is how it is, and i'm going to burn in hell. therefoer, my "faith" in what I believe is not absolute. does a christian's faith have to be absolute? what if you're having a "bad faith day" when you happen to die?

I hope this illustrates to you the ridiculous nature of these little rules most conventional religions employ. Live as a good christian, in as much as it makes you stronger and wiser, but dont tell me im gonna burn cuz i dont like your flavor of ice cream.

i will not accept that a truly good person who does not happen to accept jesus h christ as his savior will fry for eternity. that's ludicrous. can you honestly say you DO believe that? really???
I am in agreement fully. I have had posted on these kind of subjects in the past and frankly I'm burn't out on them. You have said it all so completely for me that even if I wanted to add something substantial I'd just be making a position which would seem rather redundant since your statements have embodied everything I believe anyway. Esp. the bold font part.
I can't tell you how many times those same thoughts have gone round in my heart and mind.

Good subject to read other peoples views too though!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote