View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #62
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasyzy View Post
Everybody seeks power. Get along and take care of families surely need power. Without power, can we sit comfortably in front of an LCD and chat like this while some people on the earth have to worry about their next meal? If you lose the power to sustain your current life style, will you try to get it back?
OK, I follow you. We both, apparently, enjoy a lifestyle more comfortable than much of the world, that is struggling just to survive. I agree that many, make that the majority, are suffering from blind consumerism.

Maybe it's my background, or age, but the world around me has varied considerably, with subsequent adjustments on my part. Granted I was never starving, but I've always said, "Anything more than a cave and a brontosaurus bone to chew on, is luxury". I still believe that, but I suppose few would agree with me.

Yes, if I lost my current lifestyle I'd try to get it back, but not by taking it from someone else. I would only become aggressive if someone tried to take my cave or bone... or PC.