View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #2165
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Cicero -- Osa looks like an adorable little troublemaker. Good luck with all the training in the next few weeks.

Sundae -- I'm glad to hear you know a little bit more about how things are going to go in the next few weeks. Uncertainty makes me crazy, so I imagine it feels good to at least be able to make a plan of action.

What's making me happy today?
1) I have my first ever driving lesson today! (I am not counting the time I bounced my husband's manual transmission around the parking lot and stalled the car half a dozen times.) The lesson is a with a professional instructor in an automatic, so keep your fingers crossed for me... and the instructor... and all the nearby squirrels and assorted other woodland creatures...

2) I received my placement for my Practicum course this semester. I'll be in a classroom for half a day, once a week, observing at first and later teaching. The teacher I've been paired with teaches English 2 (which should translate to 10th grade, or 15/16 year olds) and Intensive Reading. I am surprisingly excited about the Reading course, as I'm starting to realize that getting people to read is one of my major passions in life. (The "why" behind this is a whole 'nother thread...)

3) I found a handful of gray hairs this weekend. Most people -- especially most people in their early 20s -- would not be happy about this, but I've always known I was going to go gray early, so I'm actually kind of relieved.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote