View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #4
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Case, thanks very much for posting a thread with all of the progress pictures. Being able to see the different stages and hear (er, read) your thought process as you worked through the painting is really interesting and neat. I think the piece came out beautifully, and I am sooo excited for it to arrive!

For those who are curious:
The story the painting illustrates is one I told to Kitsune a long time ago, one day when he was sick. I started making up a story about a little weasel and a little fox who lived together in the woods, in a small, cozy den. One day, the fox got sick with a cold, and he sneezed and sneezed. Trying to think of a way to make him better, the weasel decided to trap the cold. She covered the fox up in a pile of blankets and then caught his sneezes in a jar. When she had them all in, she went out to a far away field and set the sneezes free, and soon the fox felt all better.

It was a silly story, but it was a few minutes of entertainment, and since then we've had fun telling each other stories about these little animals who live in the woods. Originally, I wanted to commission this piece as a surprise gift for Kitsune for our first anniversary, but I couldn't wait any longer once I saw how it turned out and so it's showing up more around the six month mark.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote