View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
FStop
Stretching the Veil

A Beer drinking Dog?

I'm kicking back with a Miller High Life.

And as I usually do, as I have for some years now, whenever I sip a few brews back, I give the dog some too. I've never met a dog who hasn't liked beer. My old dog Jesse used to down a can in one sitting. We'd pour him a can of MGD in a bowl, he'd put both paws on either side, and dig in. He lived to be 14.

My lady Morgan here, the Bernese Mountain Dog of mine, she has a few sips, knows when to quit, shakes off the dizziness she attains, then carries on.

I've heard that, and you can correct me, I've seen both sides of the camp on this one, that some of the oldest dogs I've ever known had a diet of not only standard dog food and water, but table scraps, potato chips, and beer.

My cat Bob, the Maine Coon, he's 17 this year. He eats anything you put in front of him. Including beer. Same with Bailey Kevin. He's a Ragdoll. He's 15 this year. Same as Bob.

So, question is.....is the practice of giving my pup a few sips here and there a rarity, prohibited, unhealthy, or is it an unspoken fireside hobby that many enjoy but never speak of?

Last edited by FStop; 09-18-2008 at 05:14 PM.
FStop is offline   Reply With Quote