View Single Post
Old 10-25-2001, 01:30 AM   #15
jaguar
whig

QUOTE]Re: a trial in the Hague... the fact of the matter is, you cannot guarantee an "impartial" jury ANYWHERE now. Period. [/quote]
If you think he'd get a fairer or more fair trial in a US court than the Hague....

Quote:
Finally... a ground war on mainland Japan was avoided by dropping a Big Fucking Bomb. Lives were saved. Do you honestly doubt that this will turn out any other way?
Ok, so you bomb the shit out of Afghanistan. Kill bin laden, maybe a few of his top cronies if you’re lucky too. Wait 5 years and the next leader gets to add the bombing to his list of pretty reasonably grievances (and like griff I agree with the motives, not the methods). It does. Not. Solve. The. Issue.

Policies of appeasement have had some spectacular failures *coughww2cough* but people don't kill themselves without a good reason. Parents would not send their kids to extremists Islamic schools if they had moneys to send them elsewhere, they don't have money coz there is shit all economy and generally shithsoue conditions. Sure we pump .0001%of our GDP into aid or something but come on.

A rather rough historical example would be this as a global French revolution

Yea. *US* lives were saved, million odd evil jap civvies were killed but what the heck. That was an entirely different situation and a comparison is not fair. Secondly I’ve heard this sued by the other side - the US killed civvies by the million, we consider ourselves at war with the US, Israel kills civvies, what’s the fuss.

The US has a history of double standards. Remember a few years ago when in Russia *Muslim* Chechen rebels kept taking down flat blocks and 600 people per time. The US later turned round and condemned the Invasion of Chechnya. Gee change a few words and that looks rather similar to something that happened recently….
Going to reply to the rest of my post?

To summerise the last post a little, if loving the ideals your country is based on makes you a patriot, a true patriot would hate your currant government, not doing this to some degree would be backing up juju's point perfectly.