Old 10-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #13
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I know... but they didnt.

They made good money off of me, LJ.
i bet they didnt.

but you probably feel like they did. that means they did a bad job selling you the car. they allowed you to shop for a good deal instead of a good car and a good relationship with the seller. its all perception. some people get the car at invoice, get the buy rate, refuse the waarranty, and are real pricks the whole way.....and they are ALL sure that they still got fucked somehow. If the dealer made a dollar, it's a dollar they lost. It's a shitty way to be. the dealer incurs a lot of expense putting their business together and providing you with a large selection of cars, financing options, staffing the place with people that help you through the process so that it's basically one stop shopping and can be done in 3 hours........

it cost us in the neighborhood of $400 to get a customer to walk through the door. not to buy, just to visit.....based on what they spend in advertising/up count.

If you got to the point where that doc fee was a deal breaker, i'm sure they lost money selling you the car. But dealers do it to themsleves. because theyre afraid that youll go buy elsewhere.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote