View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:22 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Tink and I and SonofV are all going to be first in line before dawn on Tuesday morning. Breakfast and coffee on me.
As promised:

The first picture was taken while resting the camera on the trunk of a nearby car using the self timer mode. I was a little embarrassed when a white haired lady came out of the door you see there and asked me "What are you doing there? That's my car!"

Gulp.

"Ah, um, I'm just resting my camera on it while I take a picture of myself, is that ok?"

"Oh, ok. I thought you were trying to get into the trunk."

"Oh no ma'am. Thank you."

Second picture is about an hour later, joined by SonofV and Tink, taken by the second person in line.

We were the first ones there, and voting still took about a half an hour. We use Scantron style ballots, and there were probably forty choices to make. There was an actual line twenty deep for the little standup kiosks. It's just a table, people! I carried my ballot to the step and filled it out sitting on the floor.

I'm very proud to have done my civic duty. A labor of love, really. And I'm happy to have modeled it for SonofV. He was cooperative. And I'm delighted to announce that ElderSon and BelovedDaughter both completed their absentee ballots and mailed them in time.

A perfect election day.
Attached Images