View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #959
Juniper
I know, right?

OK. So I go to history class this morning, and the prof says to me "stick around after class, we need to chat." Crap. I tried to hide in the back of class. But suddenly he wants to chat with me *during* class. Every now and then he's looking at me and saying stuff like "would you agree with that, Juniper*?" Weird. I don't like it.

*substitute my real name.

So after class he tells me my grade isn't as bad as I think, there's a curve and if I get an A on the final exam I'll get an A for the quarter. Nice to know. But then he wants me to walk out of the classroom with him down the hall, have a little chatty chat.

I apologize for mentioning my GPA...no biggie, he says...and then he says "your grandchildren will be proud of you."

Grandchildren?

Do I REALLY look like a grandmother? I'm FORTY for God's sake.

I had mentioned in the e-mail that my 12 year old daughter had pushed me to ask for extra credit because it's what I'd tell her to do. Unnecessary info, I guess, but I go for the poignancy and pathos.

That's DAUGHTER. Geez. I know I'm plenty old enough to have a granddaughter if I started early, but not a 12 year old one! I'd have to be at least 50 for that. Wouldn't I? And I do NOT look 50.

Alternatively, both my daughter and I could've been cheap ho's and popped out babies at 16. I don't think I like that implication, either. (sigh)

Damn, this is bugging me! I suddenly feel ancient. This prof is an older guy - I'm guessing he's about 60 - maybe he's going blind. That's all I can say.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote