View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Objects/ Gadgets from Fiction - Wishlist

Okay, you won't get these from Santa. But then not even Bill Gates can buy them.
What objects or gadgets from fiction (movies, TV, books - the whole gamut) would you like in your Christmas stocking.
Reasons preferred to make it more interesting and to help those not aware of the item, but not essential.

Pheremone Spray, Torchwood (season one, episode one) - do I need to explain why I want something I can spray in someone's face that makes them want to have sex with me? Thought not.

House Elf, Harry Potter - I so need someone to clean up after me. If I was offered true and everlasting love or a house elf it would be a close run thing.

Replicator, Star Trek - ask for whatever food I want, whenever I want it? OMG! Pizza and synth ale till I was sick of it, then instantly prepared healthy dishes til I slimmed down. Repeat as necessary.

The Culture's Drug Glands, various Iain M Banks novels - artificial glands that secrete drugs into the system. Can calm you down, enhance your sex drive, sharpen your senses, make you euphoric. Oh yes please!

A Babel Fish, Hitchhikers' - to be able to order food in Cantonese, or hear what the chap in the kebab shop is really saying about me? Hell, yeah!

Water Slide Home, Barclays advert - chap gets to go home on his own water-slide (really, really long one too). Damn I'd love to get places that way. I'd even be seen in public in a swimming costume for the privilege. Don't know if it's a worldwide ad.*

Done for now. I'm sure other people's suggestions will shake some more loose for me.

* Here is the link. I didn't want to embed it because I think it's distracting in a thread about imaginary things.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote