View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #186
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

This was interesting. From Boortz.

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS VIDEO?
By Neal Boortz @ November 26, 2008 8:21 AM Permalink | Comments (44) | TrackBacks (0)

We got dozens of emails yesterday to Nealz Nuze saying that I must see this video about a Ford plant. Okay you are probably thinking "big deal, Boortz." But if you watch the video it explains how Ford has created a new, innovative manufacturing plant that streamlines production and makes operations much more efficient. They can make 5 different types of vehicles at this plant. It does this by allowing Ford suppliers to be integrated into the assembly line process. So the suppliers making the seats, the dashboards, the fuel systems ... they have assembly lines right inside the Ford factory. Makes sense, rather than relying on shipments of parts. No waiting. No shipment costs or delays.

Oh but there is one thing I forgot to tell you. This Ford plant is in Brazil.

Yep. And do you know why it is in Brazil? Unions. The UAW is opposed to this type of innovative manufacturing. They are opposed to innovation that would actually help their employer because they stand the risk of losing jobs. And if they lose jobs, they lose power.

I'm sure another reason, although it doesn't say it in the video, is tax rates. But that's a whole other issue.

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2008/11...his-video.html