View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #3020
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

That sucks guys! I wish the best for you in your endeavors. It really isn't a good idea to beat yourself up. Try talking to yourself with the nice, caring, and kind voice. The world can naturally beat you up, and you are supposed to be nice to yourself, and understanding.

Take the same compassion you have for others, and try applying that to yourself sometime. I am not suggesting that you wallow in pity, but for heaven's sake, don't live in shame.

Why am I saying this? Because I can apply it to myself, as I look around, and my bedroom is disorganized. I decided that I am a piece of low class shit, then I realized that I had just worked for 2 days at 13 hours a day, with a fever. Then I decided that I am a badass. (and still trying to get over this cold, flu, whatever this is)

It's a matter of a little change in perspective. Give yourself the same humanization you would give others. You aren't any less because you know yourself really well. Just think about it for a minute and you may see yourself in a different light.