Thread: Need Some Help
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #33
Treasenuak
Multiorgasmic and wrapped in plastic

Sarge, if you go away, where am I going to get links for all my kinky sex needs? I need you!

On a more serious note, as a military ex-wife myself, I can say that YES, deployments suck. YES, it's hard on the family, especially when there's kids involved. But personally, it is not an abandonment. I'm sorry your ex-wife saw it that way, and it blows that she was unable to realize the sacrifices YOU were making by doing what you thought was right. Leaving the military is not easy. You're tossed out on your own with no assistance transitioning, no job, and no advice. You go from ON ON ON to off, and no help getting there. I wouldn't recommend giving up your career for your ex; it will honestly make things worse in SEVERAL directions. You'll end up resenting her eventually, when you realize that once again YOU are the one sacrificing. You'll STILL have a hard time transitioning, which will make tension between the two of you worse. Please, PLEASE, think before you do anything. And if you need a pair of comforting arms and a place to stay and someone to keep an eye on you for a while, there's an empty cabin here with your name on it. Let me know.
Treasenuak is offline   Reply With Quote