View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #43
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

~What I was meaning is that if one believes that there is no God, all of one's life is spent doing what pleases and makes oneself happy, satisfied, fulfilled rather than offering any action or thought to please God. I was just seeing a difference of focus, ie. living one's life for oneself/ living one's life to please God.
Sorry for the confusion ~

Oh that isn't what God wants? Yea that's fucking confusing.

Yes that confuses me. When you meet him ask what he wants, and we'll talk about it.

Offering thoughts or actions for something or someone, that I can not validate the existence of, seems a little kooky. Not that I am not a kook and wouldn't try it at least once, but c'mon! Living my life out of an idea rather than something that can be verified, and pulling it together from there, seems a little odd. And the older I get, the more odd I think this is. I am sorry. I think this idea in it's very essence, is insane. Of course I can be a little crazy and have chanted to buddha etc. etc. But I know what I am doing. Being crazy. It's really just me, sending good vibes and energy out there, and unfortunately, that is probably where it ends.

Just the facts. I like the facts now and rarely rely on something I deem to be utter bullshit. Everything people did for others came from people, not god. Everything that people did to harm each other came from other people, not god. To say any action or lack thereof pleases god assumes too much, and makes you look like a dork.

Do stuff because it's in you to do it. If it were in you to be kind, wouldn't that please god more than a "big show" of your obedience?