View Single Post
Old 08-26-2003, 07:43 AM   #65
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by quzah
Getting your nuts cut off isn't abuse!?

Of course it is. You're removing body parts and altering their entire behavior.
"No, seriously, it's because he no longer has any desire to go out and procreate. If it wasn't such a big deal, why wouldn't humans do the same? Find your average male, ask them if you can cut off their testicles. What answer are you going to get? 'Hell no!'"

I think the world might be a better place if some guys did get their nuts cut off.

"Neutering is nothing at all like a vasectomy."

You're correct there, at least. Neutering involves surgically removing both testes through a single incision in the scrotum. And, unlike a human vasectomy, this procedure is not reversible.

Spaying is the equivelant of a oophorectomy. Fairly similar to asking any woman if she'd like a hysterectomy. Again, you'll get a resounding "NO!", or at least I'd assume so.

I've never heard of an oophorectomy, but spaying is an operation, technically known as "ovariohysterectomy", where both the ovaries and uterus are removed permanently. Being a woman I can only address the hysterectomy issue. I venture to say that your assumption that NO woman would willingly want to have one is incorrect. There are millions of women who have had them and millions more who want them.

"Most people wouldn't volunteer for either operation. So why should your pet want it? The fact is, they wouldn't. There is no way in hell that if you could actually talk to them and explain the process, that they'd want it done."

If we had the ability to actually talk to and explain the neuter/spay process to our pets I believe that probably most wouldn't have as big a problem as you apparently do. If we could tell the males that they would be safer, have a much better disposition AND still be able to have all the sex they want, I think they would be OK w/ that. Neutered males are less likely to bite, fight w/ other dogs, wonder, chase cars, bark excessively, display too much aggressiveness, and screw your leg.
If we told the females that would be much healthier and happier AND still be able to have all the sex thay want, I think they'd be OK w/ that too. Spayed females have a much less chance (practically zero if spayed before the age of one year and before having a first litter) of suffering from mammary tumors [I've heard of women actually having their breasts removed as the ultimate form of breast cancer PREVENTION], mastitis (inflammation of the mammary gland), metritis (inflammation of the womb), polyps in the uterus, prolapse, and vaginitis to name a few.

"It would be like asking your average male if you want to remove all sources of testosterone in his body. Because that's what it does. The outcome is an altered thought process. Think of it as a form of lobotomy."

I think the only one here who needs a lobotomy is you, Quzah. :p

I haven't even started on how NOT spaying/neytering your pets is the greatest form of abuse you could impose on them. Watch for that in my next post.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote