Thread: Why The Cellar?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2001, 04:51 AM   #35
markmarion
Fellow-Commoner

Pull me out and slap me when I cry.

I got here yesterday. I was invited along by a friend here whom i corresponded with on another list.

I like the fact that almost every comment about the Cellar alludes to it being a place that is inhabited by reasonably intelligent discussion; some lists I have visited in the past have consisted of conversations that go as deep as

"Hello, I'm a little tired" "LOL! Me too"

" Personally, I'm not very tired" "SHUT UP, ASSHOLE" "LOL"

"yeah, LMAO" "ROTFLMAO"

I also like the fact that it might get a little firey at times. I'm always up for a good disagreement, its good for the soul.

I'm from the UK, London ( most of you people are from Philly, right? ). In terms of local politics ( as discussed breifly on this thread ), we have resisted the point at which personal wealth and politics collide. We dont have to have lots of money to win elections here, but we are still at the mercy of corrupting influences from shady associations.

All things American reach these shores before too long though, so its good to get an insight into the way of things Stateside.

Anyway, I realise this post is a rather hamfisted attempt at continuing the thread, but I'm just easing myself in to the conversations here in as un-obsructive a way as I can. I dont actually know quite whats going on yet, and will be making similarly pointless posts on many of the threads at Cellar in order to find my feet. You have been warned.

( Maybe I should just copy&paste this onto the end of each thread here!?)

"LOL" "LMAO" "I'm a little tired"

( Cue: "SHUT UP ASSHOLE" )

-------

MM
markmarion is offline   Reply With Quote