Thread: Bisquits
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Bisquits

Excuse the whimsical title. I mean biscuits.
British biscuits.
Request them if you wish - as long as I have the money for postage I surely will oblige.

However I was never sure if our biscuits (roughly translated as cookies) would suit an American palate. Clod suggests they will.

From her response to me re the biscuit box I sent as part of Secret Santa:
Quote:
I liked the ones with extra stuff on them, like the chocolate digestives and the custard creams and the happy face jam-and-cream sandwiches...

I also very much liked the one that I couldn't seem to identify -the texture seemed like a basic sugar cookie, but it almost tasted sort of coconut-y?

Mr. Clod, on the other hand, likes his sweets to be less obviously sweet, so he preferred the shortbreads and the plain digestives and such.

The kids, of course, were thrilled with any type they were given.

In addition, I have made a few cups of the Tetley tea and it has been fantastic. It's a different type of flavor than you'd find in a basic tea over here, for sure. I know this is probably sacrilege but I find that I like it best sweetened with honey rather than sugar. ()
BTW I have removed the thanks and general courtesy - they have no part in biscuit critique, but I can assure you they were there.