View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #31
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Shawnee - bear up.
You are NOT responsible for his hurt. You gave him someone so that he didn't hit rock bottom. He repaid you by hanging around, taking everything offered and no doubt a few other things not offered. He has had plenty of time to sort himself out and to contribute as best he can. Instead he has coasted and taken advantage of you.

He is not you. He does not feel inside himself the same way you do. His acts of kindness are not a caring person reaching out to another in their time of need - his kindnesses are calculated and he charms you in order to allow himself more coasting room.

You'll get over the hurt that you'll feel on his behalf. I promise. Probably slower than any hurt he feels, except self-pity. You gotta face it, like leaving your last job. Get it over with and it will be behind you. Either that or ask him to marry you, because he is not going to move out of his own accord, or start treating you better unless you go into counselling together.

Anyway. That's my advice.

I'm about Valentines too.
Not because I won't get any cards - I don't expect any and it doesn't bother me this year. I'm very focused on myself right now - in a positive way I hope.

But I didn't send one to my Valentine, and that makes me sad. I honestly forgot. Which is self-focused in a bad way. Still, next year will be better because I can send him a picture of my tight butt. BTW, it's not my Dad.