Thread: The New Bailout
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
I cant help but laugh at all this whining from Republicans about not being able to see the bill or participate in the conference committee or offer amendments.

How soon they forget their own rules when they were in the majority.

Personally, I would like to see Pelosi be a little more accommodating with the rules in the spirit of openness and bi-partisanship, but given that her rules are no where near as restrictive as the House rules under Hastert and DeLay for six years, I dont have much empathy for the whiners.

I think I pointed out in another discussion that if Pelosi's rules were as strict as her predecessors, in which by one rule, a bill would not be considered unless it had the support of the majority of the majority party, Bush would never have gotten his last two Iraq war funding bills. A majority of Democrats never supported those bills.

The Republicans didnt whine as much in 07-08 because they knew they had the wild card in the White House who could veto any Democratic bill. Now that they lost that edge, they act, and obviously have convinced some, as if Pelosi is setting new standards of exclusion.

If only the facts supported the whining!
And this from a person who has done nothing but whine about transparency or lack of it in the Bush era. Laughable.