View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #52
Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Perhaps Redux should be investigated, have all his "everything" checked out, his email, under his bed, savings, checking & investments.
Interrogate or question all his friends and coworkers, then...if, IF, the authorities think something is amiss, he should be charged.

I'm probably misreading something in what you are posting here Redux, but I don't think that is the course of action you want to endorse, is it?
I never took an oath of office to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

And no one is talking about checking under the bed etc.

The issue at stake is a serious national policy issue...how far do the rights of executive power extend, particularly when a president claims we are in a "state of war" and no such proclamation has been issued by Congress. Does a president have the right to unilaterally interpret that an AUMF provides the same executive authority as a War Powers Resolution or Declaration of War. I dont think so, nor do many constitutional scholars.

If that is not serious shit that affects all the American people (much more than lying about a blow job), then I dont know what is.

The secondary question is if there sufficient evidence that Bush/Cheney and a small handful of top advisers willfully and intentionally took those executive powers beyond the Constitutional limits.

Or we would just do away with the oath of office and Constitutional checks and balances and Obama and future presidents can use whatever power they want, as long as they say we are in a "state of war" and their actions are to protect America.

Last edited by Redux; 02-13-2009 at 06:41 PM.