Thread: PETA
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #30
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
Which has what to do with what?
I has to do with being asked if she was Hindu. Don't think she was relating it to her opinion on animal cruelty or PETA.

Honestly I think pure breeding is bad as well, and parading the animals around judging them on how close they fit the mold. Pure breeding usually = inbreeding.
That is the issue PETA is addressing in that situation, and I think they are accurate, although extreme, by comparing it to race superiority.
I think PETA has its far-out there whacked up ideas. I also think they have some great ones.
Pitbulls are dangerous dogs, if the people who own them cannot be responsible, which often times they are not, then they should not own a pitbull. I've seen the damage first hand that a puppy can cause, and I thank my lucky stars I was able to prevent the it from killing my black lab, which with its jaws, it could have done easily despite that my black lab was twice its size at the time. I think it would be best if the breed was not allowed to further procreate. Also, just like any other type of dog, if the owner shows themselves to be irresponsible, the dog should be taken away from them. I think people who own particularly aggressive breeds of dogs, not just pitbulls, should have to keep the dog registered and adhere to strict protocols.

To address the issue of animal testing, I know that we have benefited from it, and might continue to do so. There are, or being developed alternative methods to that, and it is the ideal. I don't think we have the right to use animals however we want. Eating meat is different, those animals, hopefully lived a decent life, and died quick relatively painful deaths. Not like the animals in testing that suffer long term.
We are overpopulated, we need to cull our procreation as well. I think this needs to be a social change, government will just fuck it up. People need to change their mindset that they are entitled to have children, and that having children is the ultimate fulfillment. That stems from our basic instinct to survive and pass on our genes, and our need to live on through our kids. I hope that we can evolve past that, we're like lemmings, not knowing when it is necessary to stop. I hear a lot of people who also seem to think they somehow did their child a favor by giving them life, they didn't.