Thread: Make-up Sex!
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #56
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I made this thread about a week after I made the other recent thread about wishing me ill. When I made that other one, I was inconsolable with grief and confusion and anger. And you guys mostly responded with humor. It's perfectly understandable and after a few days, I was able to appreciate all your efforts to cheer me up--thank you. It didn't help immediately, but eventually I was able to laugh along with you.

So, I had the bright idea of returning the favor by sharing my humor with you. With this thread. The title is a joke. A play on words. Some of you "got it", but mostly it fell flat. Well, if there's one thing worse than a bad joke, it's a bad joke *explained*. Which is where I'm at now. I've been around here for years, and I guess I should know better than to try to be funny. Long time poster; first time joker. Isn't that how the people that call into the radio talk shows introduce themselves? That's what I am here. A joker, and a poor one at that.

I didn't mean to deceive any of you, and I am sorry if I did. I have read through the replies some, and for those of you who are sick of my threads, just stop reading them. I'm not reading yours, and my sickness cleared right up. To the other three or four people left who *do* care, I thank you very much. Your care and your concern for me, for Tink, for our children, is appreciated more than I can express. Thank you.

And for you, Tink, I'm glad you made a cameo appearance here. You were a good sport here, even though the joke was a dud, thanks.

Better stop here.