Thread: PETA
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #49
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
I like your thinking, Sugarpop.

Even though I support animal rights/welfare groups, I sometimes think that its pointless, especially after witnessing responses like the ones posted here. So many people love to be against PETA without considering how just its presence is an important reminder that humans need to take care with how they use and consume the other inhabitants they share this planet with. Unfortunately, I think as a species, humans act just like a virus and they will keep cosuming/destroying this world until there is nothing left.
Thanks Pico.

As Agent Smith said in "The Matrix," "...I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure..."

Not that I agree with that totally, but I certainly do in part.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote