View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 01:24 AM   #17
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'm seconding the suggestion of Splinter Cell. Thoroughly awesome game. I'm partway through it on Playstation2.

I don't get the opportunity to play a lot of the cooler PC games, as my decrepit old machine (PIIMMX, believe it or not) really isn't up to it, although I do still enjoy playing Duke Nukem 3-D and ShadowWarrior.

Toad, if you start hosting Ghost Recon multiplayer that may be the incentive to put me over the edge into buying a new 'puter.

I enjoy playing online multiplayer games, which I mostly do when I'm up in Slangsylvania. The game I got hooked on most for both single and multiplayer is Global Operations, however they don't seem to run any sort of punkbuster software on the gameservers, so you end up dead from too far away with the wrong kinds o' weapons (aka "Fuckin' Charging Pistol Guy nailed me again from 100 yds away after I shot his ass with a LAWS rocket".)

America's Army is a lot of fun, as is Wolfenstein multiplayer. I liked the single player version of that as well.

One game that I played recently that I liked, although it was tough as hell was Vietcong. VC kill you longtime! Has reasonably good story elements tying the jungle prowling together, lots of VERY funny stuff too (make sure you interact with all the characters in the firebase. some of the comments are damn funny).

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote