View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
wolf
lobber of scimitars

wolf Goes to the Dentist.

Dr. Bill is very cool, and is the dentist that I have been seeing since I was in college. I noticed today (because I had some time staring at his certificates while he was drying my x-rays) that I have probably been seeing him throughout the entire length of his practice.

Why was I waiting for x-rays to dry today, you may ask?

Okay, probably you wouldn't but since I started the thread I might as well tell you.

Yesterday, my tooth hurt intermittently.

Today, I woke up with the entire left side of my face up to my eyeball swollen and the pain worse.

I had to take momwolf to a PCP visit today (not a good visit, she's scheduled tomorrow for a mammogram and ultrasound of her breast, has family history of breast cancer), and so the only time I had to try to schedule with my dentist was while I was in the waiting room at her PCP's office, staring at the signs that said "NO CELL PHONE USE IN THE WAITING ROOM."

I was ready ... were I challenged I was going to announce "This is no mere cell phone, buddy ... this here's a motherfuckin' Crackberry!" Didn't have to use it. Basically nobody cared that I was on the phone in the Waiting Room.

Dr. Bill knows that I do not call him requesting an emergency appointment very often. In fact, I don't think I've called him for an emergency-emergency appointment ever. I did beg my way into an earlier appointment some years ago over a fractured tooth, but I think that meant that I waited a week and a half instead of the usual two months that he books ahead.

So, he gets me in, but not so quickly that I was able to just take momwolf along with me. Had to take her home and then drive back nearly as far as her PCP's office.

So, yeah, I have an abscessed tooth. It's my first.

I'm off work tonight, and intend to cozy up with my antibiotic, a nice cup of tea, and some of Dr. House's little helpers.

This is not an April Fool's Joke.

Prayers would be appreciated.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote