View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #3602
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
I've found that most people failing the 7 do so not because they don't know the answers but because the test has been built up in to such an incredible bogeyman in their mind.

You've spent time in the industry so you probably know most of the stuff already. Options generally kick people in the teeth because it is really complex and makes up more than 20% of the score. QotR, what study materials are you using?
I took a week long course with Bobby Day right before I got laid off from my old firm (15 yrs working for the same FA, and the effing FIRM decided I needed to go - he was just as blindsided as I was) - Bobby was with Dearborn and STC but he and some buds formed their own new set of guides, approved by FINRA - I took the test in Feb with my new firm (only took me three weeks to find work - in this economy? I am sooo blessed) and got a 68. I'd been studying for this damn thing since November really strong, and got a 68. I know the bonds and options - it's memorizing the rules and regs that I have a problem with. Give me logic over memorization any day. I am so disenchanted, I called and put it off for a month because my brain needs a break. And my daughter needs some attention.

And Tiki, MTP, etc - I know you are right. He knows I don't want the same things he does, but I think he's convinced himself he can change my mind, so I keep telling him it's not going to happen, and he keeps trying to convince me otherwise. It's a no-win situation for both of us, no matter how much we adore each other.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote