View Single Post
Old 11-16-2001, 09:24 PM   #76
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

The beat marches on...

Portishead: Portishead--Some turd from one of my previous jobs took my live CD...bastard! In any case, this is a great (and overlooked...at least Stateside) CD. Beth Gibbons's voice is haunting. While the "trip-hop" sound is still present from their first record, Dummy, this record has more of a smoky jazz feel to it.

Radio Iodine: Tiny Warnings--Not to take away from the great Frank Zappa, but this is probably one of the best bands that nobody has heard of. A mid-90s take on guitar-based industrial. Two female vocalists. Produced by John Fryar (Depeche Mode, Stabbing Westward). I remember when their major-label debut came out in the summer of 1997...I was so hopeful of another St. Louis band breaking out into the big time. Unfortunately, they broke up a short time later.

Machines of Loving Grace: Concentration--A friend of mine, who knew I was a fan of Skinny Puppy and Ministry, recommended these guys back in late 1993. Great CD...don't know what happened to them after Gilt came out in 1995.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote