View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 04:54 AM   #9
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I hear voices when i read. Sometimes it's just my own voice. Sometimes it's a generic male or female voice, other times it'[s something very specific. Bruce and UT sound quite similar in my head. Monnie sounds like a manc in my head (but not a strong manc accent, just a hint), Sundae sounds like Sundae. That's an easy one.

Ali has an aussie accent. Like UT, I get occasional reminders of the acent in a post and from then on it's an aussie accent. Likewise Ducks and Zen.

BigV I imagine speaks slowly and with much thought. I hear a voice very similar to an old American friend of J's dad.

bri...I have an amalgam of various american actresses in my head for Bri. The kind that play cookie roles, like the chick nathan married in six feet under, or like something out of Thelma and Louise.

I have voices for Jim and Jinx but not sure how to describe them. I guess, Jim is like a faster version in my head of toad and bruce. jinx reminds me an awful lot of a chick I used to know in Bolton. I have to keep reminding myself not to give her a bolton accent. So...she's kind of like my mate but with an American accent instead of a Bolton one. Similar intonations and cadences. I imagine similar facial expressions.

There are more. I'll post them as I remember them, or as I figure a way to explain them.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote