View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 01:18 AM   #3734
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

son and I got into it Sunday night.

Me: "Danny, we need to talk. Can we talk like two mature people with a difference that needs to be worked out?"

He (suspiciously): "Yeah..."

me: "You heard me say I didn't want anyone to spend the night last night and yet you managed to have ------ spend the night, again; AND I told you ------- needed to be gone by six o'clock tonight and ------ didn't leave until 8.30 and I need my house to myself by six pm so I can get into my jammies and RELAX, this is a SMALL house and I can't FEED the neighborhood blah blah blah"

Him: "I never HEARD you say you didn't want anyone sleeping over!!!! I NEVER HEARD that! That's YOUR fault! And you're trying to make me feel like shit for cracking my head open WELL you're the nurse and I just THOUGHT I should call a NURSE after my HEAD was BLEEDING like I was going to DIE! I just won't call you anymore! I"ll just go LIVE WITH MY DAD FROM NOW ON and i'm sorry I'm not PERFECT, you act like I don't do Anything around here but I work constantly around here like your slave I really thought I was going to NEVER be able to play guitar again because I'd cracked my HEAD open but I guess you dont CARE about that...BLAH BLAH BLAH....HITLER~!"

Me: "I see we can't talk about this..."

Him: "You owe me twenty dollars!"

sigh.

sometimes he gives me a stomachache.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote