View Single Post
Old 11-20-2001, 07:39 PM   #20
wwarner11
Complex Simpleton

Now forgive me if I sound a little annoyed to you, but let's review your post. You say your wife lost her checkbook on the parking lot of a supermarket. Number one you are the only person responsible for your mistakes and actions, not the government or society in general ,or more important the tax payer. What you are saying whether you realize it or not, is you want the government to rescue you from your problem. . Let us review , and believe me do not take this as personal, but it seems,today many people do not want to take responsible for their mistakes. You lost your checkbook, therefore it is incumbent upon you to correct your mistake, not society at large, i.e.: the government intervening on your behalf for your mistakes.With regards to Pizza Hut and Domino's accepting your stolen checks, you should have gone to the bank, you did not do that that was your first mistake, and I do not see where the general public is responsible for your stupid actions. You should have stopped payment on those stolen checks immediately.With regards to the two pizza stores not accepting your checks or deliver to your home you have a very powerful option and that is you do not spend your money there. That is called participating in a free market system Remember you are in control because you have the money. Now for the more important thing that goes over your head, is the fact that you would have the government intervene on your behalf. and at the same time you are willing to give up our liberties to correct your very minor problems. In other words it is your problem and not the people of America. We as a nation are so much into ourselves that when you examine the ramifications of Sept. 11 I think it in the helped this country. We are no longer into ourselves but rather we seem to have become one and it is a shame we had to arrive here in this way but we are , I think as a country we are stronger people.What I am saying is wake up and smell the coffee.
wwarner11 is offline   Reply With Quote