View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Except we do not agree on this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
None of those well-documented complications happen to be long-term mental deficiency or autism,
unless you are hinging your statementon the fact that it is "undocumented" by large, double-blind controlled studies. There are scores of studies showing that measles causes digestive damage, and an exponentially-growing body of evidence that digestive disorders can result in autistic symptoms. It's not hard to make the connection between the two. Like any extremists, the total anti-vaccine people could be less widespread if only the medical community would honestly examine the issue and admit that there are significant risks to vaccination, though they may still be less than the risk of an unvaccinated population. By railing against them and calling them "ignorant" or "idiots," you only strengthen their position with moderates who have doubts that vaccines are "totally safe," as most doctors still gamely insist.

Regarding the Wakefield study:

Quote:
However, our investigation, confirmed by evidence presented to the General Medical Council (GMC), reveals that: In most of the 12 cases, the children’s ailments as described in The Lancet were different from their hospital and GP records. Although the research paper claimed that problems came on within days of the jab, in only one case did medical records suggest this was true, and in many of the cases medical concerns had been raised before the children were vaccinated. Hospital pathologists, looking for inflammatory bowel disease, reported in the majority of cases that the gut was normal. This was then reviewed and the Lancet paper showed them as abnormal.
My son's pediatrician told me that she had "absolutely no concerns about autism" less than a week before he was diagnosed by a trained professional. Pardon my jaded cynicism, but GPs don't know squat, and the vast majority of parents of autistic children realize this very quickly, and stop bothering with normal pediatricians altogether. My son's GP records don't show 90% of his symptoms, despite the fact that I'd been reporting them for months, because the doctor didn't consider them noteworthy. I know this, because I requested all his medical records as part of his treatment. And again, the fact that symptoms of autism were noted before the MMR shot does not mean the MMR shot did not worsen them. Thirdly, my son's gastroenterologist reported that his gut was "normal," i.e. he did not have celiac disease. This, despite a lifetime of chronic diarrhea. It would seem the only "evidence" that things were falsified is that he found ailments no one else had identified.

Last edited by Clodfobble; 05-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote