View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 07:52 AM   #26
wwarner11
Complex Simpleton

If my post was seen as harsh, that was not my intent. The point I was trying to put across was the fact that many people are so willing to relay on the government for almost everything. And I believe this is a case in point. Just because she had a problem years ago with a bank or pizza parlor does not preclude the fact that the author of that particular post is willing to give up the liberties of everyone because they could not resolve their problems. More people today feel with indenity thief that a national id will solve the problem and it will not. What scares me the most, is if polling data remains at it's current level with regards to a national id card, it will at some point move forward and congress will become involved, and this is the beginning of the end with respect to many of our liberties. I brought this out in a prior post and history will prove me right. There will be so much deal making and compromising that when all is said and done a national id program will look nothing like what so many people envision it to be. I am sorry if I came across harsh, that was not my intent.
wwarner11 is offline   Reply With Quote