View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #18
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

Thankyou,all for your kind welcomes.

Looking at those two sites Tiki posted,it seems we've totally underestimated the task at hand,and there's far more weirdness than we ever anticipated.And Touchdown Jesus is now a major must for us,I remember now reading about that a while ago.

We've largely been working from the Rough Guide,but we've also got 'Road Trip USA' packed somewhere,although it hasnt surfaced amongst my bag of pants yet...

We're Motelling it,as far as accomodation goes,with our favourite being Super 8's so far (reasonable price,dependable wifi,decent breakfasts), although the staff do find our accents either alarming or unfathomable I get Persistence to translate for me,usually,as she's much better spoken than I.Charmingly,we've been misidentified as first Canadians,then Irish...I'm waiting to be asked if I'm Autralian next so I can get the whole hat-trick.Geordie (NE England,around Newcastle-upon-Tyne) accents are pretty difficult even for fellow English to understand.

We're a little to old to party (for extended periods,at least) so we're settling for sights and historic stuff.And what is it with American Beer?It must be much more calorie-rich than what I'm used to.It bloats me up something terrible..lol
diminished is offline   Reply With Quote