View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:52 AM   #258
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
but I know I already failed one of her big tests: During one of the serious conversations, she asked if I believed her that she'd never test me, and I wasn't able to give a clear and honest answer. (This failure of certainty was brought up again at a later serious conversation.)
My reading : Test: say you believe me when I say I will never test you.

If my reading is correct, there is NO POSSIBLE way to answer this without calling her a liar. In fact, the very question shows she is, frankly, nuts. It looks like manipulation for the power thrill, putting you in an impossible situation to watch you twist desperately to find a way of answering without either lying or hurting her.

Quote:
I've kind of monopolized the section for the past couple weeks,
No problem, we need things to talk about, if we'd got bored we would have just stopped posting. It's your thread. (except the drift bits, but you get that).

I actually dropped past to post, maybe the reason she said she "couldn't marry you" was due to family pressure to marry someone of the "right" religion. But, reading more, I doubt that.
And anyway, the more I read, the more I think you've dodged a major bullet. More of a white phosphorus grenade really, this one would burn for years if it got in any deeper.

Dr Zengum (a notorious quack, BTW) recommends you delete her number from your phone, remove all traces of her from your home, spend a month or two resolutely single, then with luck, hook up with some other woman - maybe some previous ex-girlfriend, or some new acquaintance - for a quick fling.

If you find yourself wondering about How Things Might Have Been, read Big Sarge's update thread. I reckon you have got off lightly.